Re: Background information onesocialweb

On 2 February 2010 20:17, Alard Weisscher <alardweisscher@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We're presenting our onesocialweb initiative for the first time outside the
> company tomorrow at the social web XG. Yes, it's an exclusive to all the
> social web XG mailinglist subscribers. So we would appreciate it if you
> could not socialize the website nor the screencast before our 'official'
> launch at Fosdem this weekend in Brussels. Thanks for that.
>
> You can find general information on what this initiative is all about:
> http://onesocialweb.org/index-live.html
>
> We've also created a little screencast so you can get a glimpse on what
> progress we made so far: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGLcEN9hFw0
>
> We've seen some great discussions on the mailing list, so we look forward
> to some lively discussions and feedback on the call!

Thanks for the presentation.  This looks like a great initiative.  A few
questions:

1. I run a small Openfire XMPP server, so would be happy to test your
plugin, when released.  We're looking at around March for this?

2. Do you have any reference to the ACL language that you mentioned during
the call?

3. Some members of the group put together some Social Network Platform
Functionality.  Would you say this broadly aligned with your initiative?
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/SN_Platform_Functionality
--  Any notable differences?

4. You mentioned a RESTful API as an option.  Do you think your solution
could be made to be compatible with Linked Data, and, for example, the 100
million FOAF profiles already out there in a distributed Social Net.

Look forward to hearing your view, and also the response from this weekends
demo and interaction with the XMPP community.