Re: High-level social web guiding principles to SWxG

On 15 Jan 2010, at 12:27, Christine Perey wrote:

> Hi Danny,
>
> Please also refer to/forward the Social Web Frameworks document: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/SocialWebFrameworks

I think this document which does look very good, needs to get more of the Internet Of Subjects in it as described by their manifesto
   http://www.miscforum.eu/misc2010/conference/the-internet-of-subjects-manifesto.html

(I think they are overblowing it a bit, especially the piece that claims that the current architecture is invalid http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish/entry/misc_2010_and_the_internet
but I like the emphasis)

[[
The new approach we propose allows the user to associate their Digital or Social Identity directly to Web 2.0 service providers. For example, your Friends Profile can be exposed to MySpace and Twitter, whereas your Work Profile to Plaxo and LinkedIn. Additionally, traditional service providers can utilise the same features, and your Health Profile can be exposed to Medicare and your Citizen Profile exposed to online Government services.
]]

So the current text is using well known providers which is ok, but I think perhaps there is a bit of a danger of this document sounding like an advertising sheet for currently successful companies, which might have the effect of being off putting to other companies that don't find their name on there. The icons are prehaps too reminscent of current players.

Also it does not take into account that I may wish to provide all these services myself. And that I think is a key part of the Social Web.

More later, as I read through this document....

Henry