RE: Facebook's Open Graph Protocol

A strategy for implementing profitable open systems is to create variations
at interfaces that act as forces on integration thus market selection.  This
is particularly true of web systems with a small set of mostly interoperable
browser clients.  The competition shifted to the plug-in protocols or
application content servers.  It's a natural evolution and it leads some to
think high reliability is best obtained by closed systems free riding in
open IP environments or at least, semi-permeable.   Given local shops
implementing open vocabularies, the choices made on the production floor
combined with the market force of the vendor at the time/season of release
create the opportunity.

Social net clients are convergence clients by fact of membership in
distribution communities with overlaid meta-rules for social semantics.
Social net clients are a member of cross-boundary communications client
markets seen otherwise in server-side public safety systems for organizing
emergency response.  Change the games to resource tasks and dispatch and set
up the groups and with chat, you have a basic volunteer-side emergency
response system.  The integration opportunities are obvious and already
emerging in weather reporting and news organizations who are using the FB
pages locally to keep citizens informed.

So a question would be does the OpenGraph protocol enhance the market
emergence of increased integration with the classes of functions and
operations over resources described in for example, the US National Response
Framework with it's Emergency Support Functions?  I think the answer is yes,
it's a start because of the notion pages represent real world objects.

len