Re: Facebook's Open Graph Protocol

On 27 Apr 2010, at 00:04, Harry Halpin wrote:

> I'm hoping some of you have seen this already, which is Facebook's
> deployment of RDFa, the Open Graph Protocol [1]
>
> Any opinions?

Disappointing in that they ignore the past and "reinvent" a new namespace for already well established semantics....

ie: they *should* have used DC and vCard for much of what they define here: http://opengraphprotocol.org/

It is no excuse to be "inspired by Dublin Core" (see bottom of page) then ignore it...

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
NICTA