Re: [DONE] ACTION: danbri and karl to contact Evan of identi.ca over OpenMicroblogging and W3C.

From: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 14:39:11 +0100
To: Alexandre Passant <alexandre.passant@deri.org>
Cc: public-xg-socialweb@w3.org
On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 2:01 PM, Alexandre Passant
<alexandre.passant@deri.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 23 Sep 2009, at 13:58, Harry Halpin wrote:
>
>> Note that Evan will now be speaking to us on Oct 7th about
>> Open-Microblogging. Hopefully he'll join the group. Alex Passant, you
>> might want to bring up your Semantic Microblogging work to him - do
>> you want to be there for that meeting?
>
> Yes, I'll be here - already discussed the topic on identica mailing-lists
> last year, but would be nice to bring it up again.

One question for the Final Report is also future standardization and
also just in general "how things relate" technically - i.e. are the
branches of this kind of work converging or diverging?

 I guess the key would be seeing how close Sematic Micro-Blogging and
Open-Micro-Blogging relate. Open Microblogging seems to me based
purely on OAuth/HTTP - seeing how that maps to FOAF/SIOC is of course
of interest. If they map closely, then that would be good for future
standardization.