Re: SocialWeb anti-pattern wiki? today's annoyance: name too long/short/weird to fit

On Sun, 2009-10-18 at 12:32 +0200, Dan Brickley wrote:
> Greenpeace's site just refused to let me sign up, because my first
> name - Dan - is too short. See screenshot at
> http://www.flickr.com/photos/danbri/4022025450/ ...

That's one of the stupidest forms I've seen in a long while. My first
name is 4 letters long (and despite what some assume, not a shortened
form of Tobias in my case). My wife (Anna) would have problems too.

I wonder if their executive director has ever tried using their website?

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>