Libre.fm and Daisychain

From: Matt Lee <mattl@cnuk.org>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 13:19:28 -0400
To: public-xg-socialweb@w3.org
Harry has asked me to send an email to the group.

I'll be talking on Wednesday hopefully about these projects.

Currently, I am working on two distinct social platforms.

Libre.fm
========

Libre.fm allows you to share your listening habits and discover new
music. I believe it represents a better deal for artists and music fans.
Launched in April 2009, Libre.fm is still in Alpha phase, with almost
17,000 users and over 14 million songs (2.5 million of which are unique)
in the database.

Daisychain

Daisychain is a new site, currently in development. Daisychain will be a
unique social network, in which typically disconnected social groups are
encouraged to form their own networks, which can also communicate across
networks. Additionally, work is underway to have Daisychain to be
operated and developed by a workers cooperative.

Both projects are written in PHP supporting MySQL, Postgres or sqlite.