Re: MySkyStatus

From: Alexander Korth <alex@ttbc.de>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 14:15:51 +0200
Cc: <public-xg-socialweb@w3.org>
To: Sören Preibusch <Soeren.Preibusch@cl.cam.ac.uk>
Hi,

how cool and simple is that? This is a good example for implicit
status updates. We often tend to forget that today's Twitter and FB
updates are all explicitly fired by ourselves. In the future, personal
status updates will be intermixed with implicit updates, e.g. Sören's
examples, health or location data, from which further privacy issues
occur. Another example for implicit updates is the sensor data of the
Internet of Things trend ReadWriteWeb covered a lot this year [1]: the
twittering house (or cat door). Very inspiring is Stephan Baumann's
Urbansync project [2] (EU COST ACTION SID (Sonic Interaction Design))
which tracks multimodal sensor data in parallel.

Alex

[1] e.g. http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/top_5_web_trends_of_2009_internet_of_things.php
[2] http://urbansync.wordpress.com/about/

--