Re: Role of W3C in Open-Microblgging, and standards for the Social Web in general?

From: Renato Iannella <renato@nicta.com.au>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:02:34 +1000
To: <public-xg-socialweb@w3.org>

On 11 Oct 2009, at 01:21, Melvin Carvalho wrote:

> Personaly, I'd like to see the W3C standardize common interactions
> between web sites using socially oriented semantic vocabularies.  In
> particular:
>
> - FOAF
> - ACL
> - Web of Trust

We (the XG) should start to think about recommending work for W3C
standardisation (via a WG).

For example, the new vCard 4.0 [1] is looking more promising for
social networks now (could be a FOAF-killer?) and we can work with
IETF to web-ize their outcomes.

Cheers...  Renato Iannella
NICTA

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-vcarddav-vcardrev-08