Re: [foaf-dev] FriendFeed's sale to Facebook [was Re: Is a Perfect Storm Forming For Distributed Social Networking?]

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 15:26:34 +0200
To: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>
Cc: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>, foaf-dev@lists.foaf-project.org, public-xg-socialweb@w3.org
On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Toby Inkster<tai@g5n.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-08-12 at 10:12 +0200, Melvin Carvalho wrote:
>
>> FriendFeed's sale to Facebook
>
> FriendFeed have apparently now disabled their FOAF output.
> <http://identi.ca/notice/9001608>

This has been broken for a few weeks at least. I doubt it has anything
to do with the Facebook acquisition, since the FOAF files didn't
expose more than a list of user accounts, eg. for me it would list my
delicious, youtube, etc accounts. Useful, but not what people need if
they're trying to leave the site with *all* their data.

Dan