Re: User Stories: Drag and Drop

On 19 Aug 2009, at 18:55, Alexandre Passant wrote:
> On 19 Aug 2009, at 17:41, Story Henry wrote:
>
>> As discussed during today's teleconference, we want to start
>> finalizing the User Stories section, also known as use cases. So
>> let us start with the simplest of them all, Drag and drop available
>> at
>> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/UserStories#Drag_and_Drop
>>

>> It is implemented in the Sommer Address Book:  https://sommer.dev.java.net/AddressBook.html
>>

> There's also implementation of such a feature in the SemiBlog system
> - there's a paper about it on [1]

I also added a reference to a blog post I wrote a couple of years ago
which shows how this can be done RESTfully:
    http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish/entry/universal_drag_and_drop

>> Perhaps we can get an implementation by one of the foaf+ssl web
>> apps too.
>>
>> Perhaps it would be useful to have every User Story also appear on
>> its own URL, so that one can more easily add more information there.
>
> +1 - especially for readability
>
> I've created a MediaWiki template page for it [2]
> Each user-story can simply be created by copy/pasting it in a new
> page.
> Then, all of them ca be viewed at [3] (that list can be embedded in
> the existing page so that we can keep the introduction, etc.) - just
> need to figure out what's the related MediaWiki command.
> I think we can have each champions creating their own page.

Ok, I have create the page:
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/UserStories/DragAndDrop

Perhaps we can follow the above naming convention for the URLS? Then
it is easy to create a new UserStory: enter http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/UserStories/
{yourUserStory}
in your browser, and it will create a new page with that name.

> Hope that helps,

yes, indeed.

By the way one can follow all these changes on Planet Social
  http://buzzword.org.uk/2009/social/planet/
But I think it still would be worth discussing the changes on this
mailing list, either before making them, or after by pointing to a
diff of the wiki, with some explanation, so that people can understand
how things are evolving and why.

Perhaps we need a few extra sections in the template to integrate
Melvin's work.

Henry