User Stories: Drag and Drop

From: Story Henry <henry.story@bblfish.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 18:41:51 +0200
To: public-xg-socialweb@w3.org
As discussed during today's teleconference, we want to start
finalizing the User Stories section, also known as use cases. So let
us start with the simplest of them all, Drag and drop
available at
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/UserStories#Drag_and_Drop

-------------------------------
Goal Associating information about a person, a group, a company for it
to be consumed by some program - be it a thick client or browser based
- should be as easy as dragging the page about that person or group
onto the program.
Summary

Actors

	 Alice
Preconditions

Trigger

	 Dragging an element onto another.
Basic course of events

	 Tagging a picture as one in which someone appears should be as easy
as dragging that person from an address book, or their home page onto
the photo.
Alternative paths

Post-conditions

	 The picture is effectively tagged with the friend.
Business rules

Author and date

    Henry Story

-------------------------------

We could work on this one to get some idea of how to present things.
We should perhaps tie this to the other work by Melvin at

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=tL_pHzU2JRih72ULVgD0xuQ&output=html

 From the teleconf it seemed that we might want more information on
how this is implemented on a Social Network if it is.

It is implemented in the Sommer Address Book:  https://sommer.dev.java.net/AddressBook.html

Perhaps we can get an implementation by one of the foaf+ssl web apps
too.

Perhaps it would be useful to have every User Story also appear on its
own URL, so that one can more easily add more information there.

As we get an idea on how to proceed we can move to the next ones more
quickly.

	Henry Story

Social Web Architect
Sun Microsystems