Re: Comments for the RDB2RDF Survey Report (as for 20090728)

Hi Freddy,
Thank you for pointing out the issue in the report.

> 1) In the comparison table (Query Implementation part),...In reality, R2O only works in the second way, it always converts the SPARQL into SQL first.
The paper we reviewed [1],  described the use of SQL "...The main steps of its executions are: Query & R2O parsing, SQL generation, SGBD execution result...." and also in a previous publication [2].

> 2) In fact, my previous point is not true. Rather than using SPARQL, R2O(+ODEMapster) is using its own query, which is called "ODEMQL".
We will add this new information to the survey wiki, it would be great if you could point to a reference/documentation.

We will remove the "both" value from the comparison table for now in the survey wiki.

> 3) There's a column in the table stating "Number of databases". ...
The column "Number of Datasets" is with regard to top-level column "Data Integration" and describes the total number of datasets that were integrated in the given project. For example, DartGrid integrated 70 TCM datasets .

Cheers,
Satya

[1] "Upgrading relational legacy data to the semantic web", Barrasa,J., Gómez-Pérez, A.,. In Proc. of 15th international conference on World Wide Web Conference (WWW 2006), pages 1069-1070
[2] "R2O, an extensible and semantically based database-to-ontology mapping language", Barrasaet al. (2004) In: Second Workshop on Semantic Web and Databases (SWDB 2004), August, 2004, Toronto (Canada).