Re: Another usecase? a social usecase

On 1/11/09 11:42 AM, Juan Sequeda wrote:
Juan,
> I was wondering how many usecase are we suppose to present. I am sure
> there are plenty of enterprise usecases. I wanted to share with the
> group another social usecase.

One of the things I am desperately hoping we get out of these
conversations is the fact that an enterprise and social dichotomy does
not exist.

Contact Networks exist on the Web and inside the enterprise, most
importantly both intersect via Objects of Sociality [1][2].

The Rdb2Rdf technology realm is ultimately about the ability to
holistically connect dots between the "closed world" schema based realm
of the traditional enterprise setup and the broader "open world" realm
exposed by the Web.

> I am attaching a paper we submitted to WWW2009 (still under submission
> so please do not share) about rdb2rdf applied to different datasources
> about displaced and migrant population in Colombia.

Blogs, Wikis, Bookmarks, Pictures (geocoded), Discussion Forums are all
data space realms that can bind migration in Columbia to appropriate
decision making realms in the enterprise. I know Orri / Ivan have
already explained the ODS scenario and how it relates to this kind of
thing in the past. If not, then I will have them take the WWW2009 paper
and use to fashion the usecase that you seek.
> Due to the fact that different NPO and NGO can store information about
> migrant and displaced population, it would be interesting if this data
> would be integrated. However, these communites do not have in mind any
> big data integration plans. We propose that a simple and quick way of
> getting RDF out of their databases, through direct mapping, would
> allow this data integration.
Yes, of course :-)

> So if we need more usecases, I would be willing to write this one up.

Okay, I encourage you to discuss this further with Orri and Ivan (public
or private). The areas and subject matter have been understood for a
very long time with regards to Rdb2Rdf.  Also note, this still doesn't
take us outside the realm of integration across: SCM, CRM, ERP, Blogs,
Wikis, Shared Bookmarks, Discussion Forums, Polls, Photo Galleries etc.,
via Rdb2Rdf technology application.

Kingsley

--

Regards,