Re: Bi-directional mapping (RDF2RDB)

Hello Soren and all,

On Sat, 2009-01-10 at 09:38 -0500, Sören Auer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> as much as I remember we did so far only discuss the mapping from RDB to
> RDF. In certain settings it might, however, also make sense to be able
> to update the RDB using SPARUL [1].

We've discussed "RDF2RDB" and SPARUL a bit in Karlsruhe (the very
beginning of F2F), and decided to keep it as a separate item.
While standardization is a long story, OpenLink intends to support
SPARUL on relational data in this year, but the exact time slot is not
yet scheduled. The proposed implementation logic is described in

http://esw.w3.org/topic/UpdatingRelationalDataViaSPARUL

I'd be glad to get any comments/corrections (that's wiki ;)

Best Regards,

Ivan Mikhailov
OpenLink Software
http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com