Re: Initial draft of XG Recommendation

Axel Polleres wrote:

> I mentioned the progress of RDB2RDB in yesterdays RIF teleconf.
> Sandro brouht up a good argument:
>
> After my elaboration that in principle relation to RDF mappings could
> in   most cases be achieved by combining/extending SQL+SPARQL to a
> common language for views, we see no obstable that RIF could serve as
> a basis here.
>
> RIF BLD [1] as a rules language can both express relations (n-ary
> predicates, optionally with named parameters common to DB relations),
> as well as RDF by frames [2]. In that sense RIF itself could serve as
> a basis for an RDB2RDF mapping language and should be mentioned in the
> liaisons.
>
> I can give some overview over RIF in one of the next telecons.

Axel,

Great!

Thanks for picking this up as I've been promising Sandro and Co. that we
(as in OpenLink) would get to RIF, but workload hasn't made this feasible.

We have a highly relevant use case on our hands re. the application of
RIF to task of declarative production of RDF Views over non RDF data
sources :-)

Kingsley

--

Regards,