Re: A proposed provenance wg draft charter

Hi Deborah,

Thanks for your response. This is exactly the sort of discussion we
wanted to start.

Luc and I wrote the proposal with the notion that we wanted a fast
working group. With that in mind we thought it would be good to start
with something already existing and not develop a whole new model.
Additionally, we think that OPM is already a subset of what's out there
already including PML. I think the DAML+OIL comparison is not so apt
because OPM was already developed through a community process.
Furthermore, as we say in the draft, OPM is the starting point and would
change over the coarse of the working group.

Anyway, since you have a lot of experience on these working groups, I
was wondering how you think we could design the charter to make
production of a recommendation as fast as possible with the approach you
have in mind?

Also, at least from my reading, it seems that you would endorse having a
a working group work for a standard provenance model. Is that correct?

thanks,
Paul