Re: gap analysis

Hi Yolanda,

I think the gaps I identified are crucial to solving this scenario. I
also see at least for the gaps 1 and 3 that you specify those being the
same as gaps that were originally defined. Personally, I don't see there
being a particular problem with sharing gaps between scenarios, it just
means that there's less to solve technically.

Also, I wonder if we should make a distinction between what gaps you
would need to fill to even begin to solve a scenario and all the gaps
that need to filled to actually produce a solution. What I'm getting at
is that I believe there's a distinction between a platform that enables
a solution and the technology you put on top it. For example, if you
exposed a large amount of provenance information then maybe someone
would come along and solve the scalability problem. In the normal web,
for instance, we had imperfections in HTML but the browser vendors were
able to deal with it. (Also, see AltaVista and search...).

Thoughts?
Paul