Re: Welcome New Participant: Pamela Fox of Google

Thanks, Doug!

I'm Pamela Fox, and I've worked in Google Developer Relations for the past
three years (= helping developers do cool stuff with our APIs). I started on
the Google Maps API, and am now on Google Wave APIs. I just met a few W3C
members at a Google Wave hackathon this weekend in Boston, actually.

My goal in life is basically to teach people, and well, it turns out that
developer relations is a great way to do that. I love giving talks, writing
articles, creating curriculum, and most of all, seeing people learn. Oh, and
I also like to create fun projects on the side, and dang, APIs are such an
enabler of fun projects.

I've developed and delivered some general web programming curriculum, and
discovered that teaching web programming isn't trivial - it involves
multiple languages, a whole different debugging environment, and
conceptually different ways of programming (event-driven/asynchronous). So,
I think it will be good if we can make it easier for everyone.

Looking forward to helping out!

- pamela