Re: [Re: Re: [MMSEM] RDF and syntactic interoperability]]

On 30/03/07, Gaëtan Martens <Gaetan.Martens@ugent.be> wrote:

> Dear Susanne,
>
> You're right about the fact that it's impossible to describe such regions in RDF.
> That's why we recommend using OWL. In OWL, one can refer to a data type and tie it into an ontology.

Please forgive a question from a lurker - aren't the definitions of
XML Schema datatypes common to both RDF(S) and OWL? How, in relation
to the problem of describing regions does:

<owl:DataTypeProperty rdf:about="...">
       <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#SomeClass">
       <rdfs:range  rdf:resource="someXMLns:anXMLType">
</owl:DataTypeProperty>

differ from

<rdf:Property rdf:about="...">
       <rdfs:domain rdf:resource="#SomeClass">
       <rdfs:range  rdf:resource="someXMLns:anXMLType">
</rdf:Property>

?

I can't see anything in:
http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-xsch-datatypes/