RE: MMSEM photo use case

Hi Christian,

I was aware of the new MPEG-A standard, but was not sure about its
"health status". I didn't see any progress in this standard (as I'm
not involved in the MPEG-standardization and thus of course not able
to see every restricted document).

Do you have more information about the progress which is made with MPEG-A?
There is not much information available except of the links you
provided and [3] (which are all from 2004 or 2005)

Thank you in advance for your information!

Best regards,

Tobias

[3] http://www.chiariglione.org/mpeg/standards/mpeg-a/mpeg-a.htm

Zitat von "Christian Timmerer \(ITEC\)"
<christian.timmerer@itec.uni-klu.ac.at>:

> Hi all,
>   have you ever heard about the MPEG Photo Player Multimedia Application
> Format? Anyway, you'll be informed soon about this new MPEG standard through
> a liaison statement. If you cannot await this, then you should check out
> [1][2] for further information. The latter reference gives an overview of
> MAFs.
>
> In short, what it does: Specification of a format comprising images and
> metadata. What it is for: Provides a convenient format to store images with
> metadata to facilitate search.
>
> Best regards,
>  -Christian
>
> [1] http://www.chiariglione.org/mpeg/technologies/mpa-pp/index.htm
> [2] http://doi.ieeecomputersociety.org/10.1109/MMUL.2005.79
>
> :--
> :- Dipl.-Ing. Dr. Christian Timmerer
> :- Department of Information Technology (ITEC)
> :- Klagenfurt University, Austria
> :- http://research.timmerer.com
>
>>> Visit the IT Campus Carinthia
>>> http://www.it-campus.at