Draft CALL FOR PUBLIC COMMENT

> ACTION: Co-chairs to draft message to the community about review between 16
> June and 20 July - post before next call, on 16 June [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/09-lld-minutes.html#action02]

Here is a draft call for public comment.  I think it is best
to keep it short and simple.

Tom

Subject: CALL FOR PUBLIC COMMENT - W3C Library Linked Data Incubator Group draft report

       W3C Library Linked Data Incubator Group

              CALL FOR PUBLIC COMMENT

The W3C Library Linked Data Incubator Group [1] has been chartered from May
2010 through August 2011 to prepare a series of reports on the existing and
potential use of Linked Data technology for publishing library data.  The group
is currently preparing:

-- http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportWithTransclusion
   A report describing:
   "Benefits"
   "Vocabularies and Datasets"
   "Relevant Technologies"
   "Implementation challenges"
   "Recommendations"

-- http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseReport
   "Use Cases", a survey report describing existing projects

-- http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Vocabulary_and_Dataset
   "Vocabularies and Datasets", a survey report

The LLD XG invites interested members of the public to review
these reports and post comments to a public mailing list [2] using
descriptive subject lines such as:

    Subject: [COMMENTS] "Benefits" - section on "Benefits to Developers"

In order to encourage open discussion of key conclusions of the report, the
sections "Benefits", "Implementation challenges", and "Recommendations" will be
posted to the mailing on Friday 17 June, 24 June, and 1 July as a series of
separate discussion threads.

Comments will be especially welcome in the four weeks from 17 June through 15
July.  Reviewers should note that as with Wikipedia, the text may be revised
and corrected in response to comments at any time, but that earlier versions of
a document may be viewed by clicking on the History tab.

It is anticipated that the three reports will be published in final form by 31
August.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/ (send mail to public-lld@w3.org)

--