RE: [Fwd: Re: on expressing access constraints in a data repositoryof mixed openness]

William,

I don't think it quite makes sense that way. I would argue that the
domain of the BSD license needs to be an "information resource" in order
to be meaningful. From a Linked Data perspective, people are
non-information resources. Perhaps it could be modeled like this:

:ww a foaf:Person ;
	foaf:page :ww/ .

:ww/ a foaf:Document ;
	dct:license BSD .

Here, I'm assuming that :ww/ is the generic document associated (via 303
See Other) with the :ww real world object. Spelling this out as URIs and
behaviors could look like this:

Non-information resource:
http://example.org/person/ww  [303 (See Other) redirect to...]

Information resources:
http://example.org/person/ww/ [200 (OK) content-negotiate to...]
http://example.org/person/ww/about.html
http://example.org/person/ww/about.rdf

I would argue that asserting the license on the generic resource implies
licensing restrictions for all the web document representations that it
entails.

Jeff

URIs?)