Re: Agenda - Oct 14 2010 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT

On Thu, Oct 14, 2010 at 10:53:24AM -0400, Ray Denenberg wrote:
> I had a couple questions that I didn't have a chance to ask, about the
> presentation of use cases during the f2f meeting.
>
> 1. How much time will be allocated per use case?  (Marcia asked that as part
> of a two-part question;  the other part was addressed but I don't think this
> was addressed.)
> 2. What level of formality is expected; e.g. should presenters prepare
> powerpoint (or equivalent) presentations?

Very good questions.  We are going to have at least 25 use
cases and have allotted 180 minutes for use cases generally,
which works out to just seven minutes per use case.

I don't think it will work simply to allot seven minutes
mechanically to each use case.

Perhaps each presenter could prepare a list of bullet points
(possibly as one or two Powerpoint slides) - in particular,
pointing out how the Use Case relates to the topics [1,2], as
a discussion-starter.

Grouping the Use Cases by topic will help us use our time
more efficiently.

Tom

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Topics
[2] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCasesVsTopics