Re: New use cases still discussed in Pittsburgh?

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 03:11:23PM +0200, Mark van Assem wrote:
> It seems you're worried about promising too much, but on the other hand
> willing to facilitate such discussions on the public mailling list?

Antoine gets it exactly right by distinguishing between
"individual" contributions on a public mailing list, where
discussion on the general topic of library linked data --
even discussion not directly related to LLD XG business --
is encouraged, as opposed to "group" contributions.

In order to respond to a request for advice "as a group",
we would need to discuss responses as a group, for example as
agenda items on telecons.  Given our charter responsibilities,
we do not have the time to do that, nor would it make
sense to delegate to our members by saying that anyone
responding to a question on the list is responding "in the
name of LLD XG".  In that sense, LLD XG is not proactively
"facilitating" discussion on public-lld, simply encouraging
it to happen -- and benefitting from the high concentration
of experienced practitioners on the list, both members of
the XG and non-members.

Tom

--
Tom Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>