Re: Institutional Identifier (I2) comments (was: RE: Institutional Identifier Re: [Digipres] NISO Seeking Feedback on ...)

On 10-07-30 10:38, Jodi Schneider wrote:
> "The URI should be included in the final version of the metadata"
>
> Is it useful to make some reasons clear? i.e. to explain why it is "a
> valuable addition to the standard"? Or is that already clear to the
> NISO I2 working group?

How about:

"Dereferencing the URI with an HTTP request is the simplest and most
straightforward way to obtain a copy of the metadata"

On URI vs. URL, does it make sense at all to suggest the registration of
a urn namespace with IANA? Or do non-dereferenceable URIs like that just
muddy the waters?

Cheers,
-w

--
William Waites           <william.waites@okfn.org>
Mob: +44 789 798 9965    Open Knowledge Foundation

RDF Indexing, Clustering and Inferencing in Python
		http://ordf.org/