From: Jon Voss <jon@lookbackmaps.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 15:12:00 -0500
To: <lod-lam@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [LOD-LAM] Talis: Libraries in a Linked Data World

This came out a week ago, so may be old news to many of you.  Hat tip to Jerry Persons for flagging this presentation by Sarah Bartlett of Talis.

Using specific literary theory as an ontology, she examines Linked Data modeling of Jane Eyre at about minute 6:30, getting into the actual modeling by 7:30.  It's amazing how helpful graph visualizations are in explaining the benefits and potential of Linked Data!

http://blogs.talis.com/nodalities/2010/12/what-place-for-libraries-in-a-linked-data-world.php

Jon

Jon Voss
LookBackMaps.net <http://www.lookbackmaps.net/>