Re: use case clustering

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 11:18 AM, Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl> wrote:
> Hi Jodi,
>
> I think I have not much to add to your remarks--they seem all right.
>
> The exception being perhaps SEO. This is a feature that may be part of many
> other use cases. Like Bibliographic data, Archive and heterogeneous data.
> Perhaps another instance of a case that can belong to several clusters.
> Cluster curators, feel free to pick it up if you think it is also
> interesting for you!

You're right, but I think it needs to be handled separately if we
don't want it to be hidden by more complex aspects of our work.

> Antoine
>

>> Perhaps "Social & Search" is the cluster that's left?

+1

>>    * Use Case Ranking Search Results by Popularity using Circulation Data
>> <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Ranking_Search_Results_by_Popularity_using_Circulation_Data>
>> (Jodi)
>>    * Use Case SEO <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_SEO>
>>    * (pending use case -- "Use Case Link Social Bibliography to a
>> Bibliographic Network")
>>

>> I think this is archival data (though it isn't heterogeneous):
>>
>>    * Use Case NLL Digitized Map Archive
>> <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_NLL_Digitized_Map_Archive>
>> (William)

I think it would fit better in Digital Objects (it's not to get rid of it ;-)

>> I tentatively added "finding items/collection-level description", though
>> it could use a better name, for these:
>>
>>    * Use Case Find materials in the closest physical collection
>> <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Use_Case_Find_materials_in_the_closest_physical_collection&action=edit&redlink=1>
>> (Gordan/Jodi to write in January)
>>    * Use Case Find e-books or other digital materials, according to access
>> restrictions
>> <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Use_Case_Find_e-books_or_other_digital_materials,_according_to_access_restrictions&action=edit&redlink=1>
>> (Gordan/Jodi to write in January)
>>
>>    * Use Case Library Address Data
>> <http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Library_Address_Data>
>> (Gordon)
>>

>> Maybe someone else can come up with a better way to cluster these?

Just another proposal for the name  of the cluster : can't we use the
"Obtain" user task from FRBR ?

Cheers
Emma