RE: CfC: to add Speech API to Charter; deadline January 24

Hi Art,
That's a very good point about IP commitments. I think it's likely to speed
up the process of getting something standardized if companies don't have to
make the broad IP commitments to all of a WG's activities that would be
required if the work was entirely done within an existing WG.
As far as existing Working Groups go, I think that the Voice Browser WG
would be a better choice than the MMIWG, because the HTML-Speech work is
focused on the details of a speech-specific API, which is the expertise of
the Voice Browser WG. However,  I think a new group would be better because
the group could concentrate entirely on the HTML-Speech work and not have to
prioritize it with other specs. Also, both VB and MMI are
member-confidential, and it would be easier to work with a joint WebApps
task force in a new, public, WG.
Regards,
Debbie

McGlashan;