RE: Next HTML web api document

I've started trying to write some samples. Here are my thoughts so far:

1.
To get the reco result I think i have to write "e.result.item(0).interpretation". This is a lot of dots and an index just to get the top result.

I'd much rather just write "e.interpretation". We should consider just putting the utterance & interpretation of the top result right there on the SpeechInputResult interface, since in most cases people won't want to dig into the array of alternatives.

2.
"utterance" has a couple of different meanings in the doc. It's alternatively the recording of what the person said, or the transcript returned by the recognizer.

We should consider calling the transcript either "transcript" or just "text".

3.
The "modal" attribute on SpeechGrammar is unnecessarily restrictive.

There are cases where I'll want to have multiple grammars active, but not all, and not just one.

Developers would be better off with a boolean enabled attribute on each grammar.

4.
The interpretation attribute is completely opaque. That may be necessary given that SISR can pretty much return anything. But it'll need some examples to show how to use it.

5.
The array of SpeechGrammar objects is too cumbersome.

In most cases I'd like to write something simple like:

mySR.speechGrammars.push("USstates.grxml","majorUScities.grxml","majorInternationalCities.grxml");

But I can't.  I have new-up a separate object for each one then add it to the array, even when I don't care about the other attributes.

Better to just make it an array of URI strings, and add functions for the edge cases. e.g.
void enableGrammar(in DOMString uri, in boolean enabled);
void setWeight(in DOMString grammarUri, in float weight);

And yeah, I remember arguing the opposite on the phone call. But that's before I tried writing sample code.

6.
The names are a bit long.

e.g.  "new SpeechInputRequest()" vs "new SpeechIn()" .
e.g.  "mySR.speechGrammars.push("foo")" vs  "mySR.grammars.push("foo")" .
e.g. "resultEMMAXML" vs "EMMAXML" or just "EMMA" (call the other one "EMMAText" )
e.g. "inputWaveformURI" vs "inputURI"
etc.