RE: Requestless notifications?

The feature is useful in the context of MMI.  In this scenario, the
browser would contain various modality component(s), and the service
would perform the role of the interaction manager.  In such cases, the
service might need to inform the modalities within the browser that an
external modality has generated an event.

As suggested in my original text, I agree that this feature is not
necessary to implement MMI.  The browser could use a separate WebSocket
protocol, for example, to transmit/receive similar information.  But I
figured since we already had a WebSocket open, why not re-use the
channel?  It doesn't seem to add any complications to the protocol.

I also object to the characterization that these notifications are
"unsolicited".  Like the service is sending the user credit card offers
or something :-).  In practice, these notifications would have been
setup by parameter or query string on the URL.

Let's discuss more on tomorrow's call.

Thanks