RE: Protocol Draft 4

Hello Robert,

Section 4.1 - MRCP v2 states that parameters set in requests take
precedence over those set in SET-PARAMS (see section 6.1.1).  Perhaps
that's worth restating here as a courtesy to readers.

Section 4.3 - typo 'paramaters' -> 'parameters'

Section 5

-        I'm assuming that SET-PARAMS and GET-PARAMS are also available
in the initial idle state.  If this was implicit in your diagram, might
want to make that more obvious.

-        What do you think about adding a header to LISTEN (and
INTERPRET) that serves as an implicit SET-GRAMMAR?  This would avoid the
extra roundtrip that the SET-GRAMMAR adds over traditional MRCP while
still retaining runtime flexibility.  I suspect this is a common enough
path that the optimization would be worthwhile.

-        I wonder if it would be better to model INTERPRET as a blocking
call that results in an INTERPRETATION-COMPLETE response.  Certainly an
easier programming model.

Section 6.3 - Do we really want to be doing all of these date/time
format translations?  I suspect what the developer really wants to know
is how many milliseconds from the start of the stream these events
occurred.  They can always translate that back to wall clock time if
they want, but I suspect that will be less common.

I'm assuming that we're having a call this week.  Speak with you then.