Re: QUESTIONNAIRE DEADLINE EXTENDED through Monday

On 04/06/2011 09:13 AM, Cesar Castello Branco wrote:
> WHAT ABOUT http://www.w3.org/TR/voicexml20/ ?
>
> IT IS CURRENTLY IMPLEMENTED BY OPERA BROWSER.
>
> WHY REINVENT WITH A NEWER SPECIFICATION ?

(No need to shout.)

VoiceXML 2.0 is not implemented in Opera.
Opera had an implementation of XHTML+Voice, which was not
a very good specification for the web, IMHO.
Based on my experience it is too hard to
write speech enabled web applications using
X+V. We need a better API which is easy to
use for simple things, but allows also
more complex applications.

-Olli