RE: R23. Speech as an input on any application should be able to be optional

Yes, that seems to capture the idea, although perhaps we could make it more generic and not tie it specifically to filling input fields.

"When speech input is used to provide input to a web page, it should be
possible for the user to select alternative input methods."