Re: R26. There should exist a high quality default speech recognition visual user interface.

On 11/16/2010 10:36 AM, Bjorn Bringert wrote:
> That sounds good, but we probably shouldn't be restricting it to a
> visual interface at all. Non-visual user agents should also provide a
> default user interface for speech recognition, and we don't need to
> require that the speech recognition interface is visual even in visual
> user agents.
>
> So how about:
>
> "User agents must provide a default interface to control speech recognition."
Is this meant to imply that the end-user can replace any or all components of
the default interface/interfaces. I ask because of my own experience with
NaturallySpeaking. There are bugs in NaturallySpeaking to have existed since
roughly 2000 and have not been fixed. These are critical bugs if you are
disabled and using "nonstandard" applications.  Having the ability to replace
interface components will enable special need user groups to fix and extend user
interfaces to meet their needs without putting a burden on the core speech
recognition development organization.