Re: R17. User perceived latency of recognition must be minimized.

This was already discussed partly in the thread about R18. As I said
there, I think that the only point of a latency requirement would be
to make sure that spec proposals don't prohibit low-latency
processing. For example, a spec that requires that audio capture must
finish without the user aborting it before any audio transmission or
speech processing is allowed to take place would force high latency in
implementations. Thus I propose that we replace R17 with the
following:

"Implementations should be allowed to start processing captured audio
before the capture completes."

/Bjorn

--
Bjorn Bringert
Google UK Limited, Registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham