RE: <device> questions

I'm concerned that this <device> conversation is premature.  The approach is one possible proposal, and an extremely optimistic one at that.  I'd like us to consider others, based on the requirements we settle on, before engaging heavily in this direction.

From: public-xg-htmlspeech-request@w3.org [mailto:public-xg-htmlspeech-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Young, Milan
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2010 9:52 AM
To: Satish Sampath
Cc: public-xg-htmlspeech@w3.org
Subject: RE: <device> questions

I just joined the Audio and Device working groups.  Will start participating at the start of the year.

But I still think it may be appropriate to request an invited expert.  I remember doing this in the VBWG when we were considering DOM integration with VoiceXML events.  It was effective in getting us quickly up to speed.

Maybe something for the <chair>s to consider.