RE: UA <=> SS Protocol

Other than Google, I'm not aware of any vendors that support HTTP as an
open protocol of communication with recognition/synthesis resources.
I'm not objecting to such a requirement, but we need to identify all
such assumptions in our recommendation.

I'm also becoming increasingly leery of the hand waving within the
Device API theme.  Just because we may have identified an alternative to
bogging ourselves down with low-level protocol definition doesn't free
us from the need to define the higher one.

A few details which I believe should not fall under "bilateral
agreement":

*         Standard mechanism for passing parameters.  Do we use
setRequestHeader() or send this in the payload?

*         Standard definition on how events are passed from server to
client.  Are these sent within the HTTP protocol (eg Continue), as
headers, or perhaps as payload data in a chunked response?

*         Standard means for encoding grammars and synthesis requests.
I believe MRCP provides a good model for this already.

*         Standard format for default result types.  Plain text, JSON,
or XML?

*         Standard means for preserving session.  Cookies, HTTP headers,
payload?

The above isn't an exhaustive list, and perhaps some of the questions
have obvious solutions.  But I don't see how we can achieve our
interoperability charter without going in this direction.

Thanks