Re: [georss] GeoRSS meeting review

Joshua Lieberman wrote:
> Dan,
>
> Please give us some feedback on
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/geo/Wiki/Geo_Update so that we can move
> ahead with this RDF/OWL vocabulary, which matches GeoRSS. There are many
> aspects of "how" to realize a vocabulary in these languages which are
> not entirely straightforward to optimize, so input is really needed.

I'll try to take a proper look. First question ... it mentions ISO 19109,

"NeoGeo (proposed) consists of a root property _featureproperty which
takes as its domain any OWL/RDF class that it makes sense (after ISO
19109) to cast as a geographic feature."

Is ISO 19109 freely available? If not, could someone summarise? The W3C
"basic geo" vocab defined a class "spatial thing", which seems to be in
a similar role. But we didn't go into much detail about what we
considered that to exactly amount to. Could the domain of
"featureproperty" be basicgeo:SpatialThing, for example?

I can't currently get to http://mapbureau.com/neogeo/neogeo.owl and the
host doesn't seem to respond to pings.

cheers,

Dan