Re: why Berlin?

There is an unfortunate philosophy pervading through society at the moment that we've got to destroy what exists before we can then build our new, beautiful, better world. And I see all the children are picking up: that in order to solve a problem you have to "take it out". It's unfortunate because what we see if an incredible amount of destruction in the name of building a better world. Also by the time we have destroyed the old world we are so exhausted that we haven't got the energy to build anything better. ;-/

But, that is not what's going on here! We are build better tools for a better world! So, let's just "accentuate the positive" in the language we use. Let's just describe what we are actually doing. We're building a better world.

The old world will wither, die and rot from disuse and neglect. No need to break it. Let's not focus our attention on the old world at all. Every look back is and moment lost in looking forward. Let's keep our focus on the new world we are building.

I don't see any of us with a hammer is our hands. I see us all using tools for creation. I am not breaking anything. I building.

So, please, let's buck the trend of solving problems by "taking the bad stuff out". We're not doing that anyway. We're breaking nothing. We're building everything!

Get it? ;-)

I told you I'm a bit of a stickler for language and the psychological effects there of. ;-)

Cheers Daniel