Re: [EMOXG] issues resulting from phone meeting

Marc Schroeder wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> there are two questions resulting from the phone meeting, to which I
> would like to invite feedback:
>
> 1. Those who were not present at the phone meeting, do you have an
> opinion about the future of our work? Those present at the meeting
> unanimously favoured the idea of continuing as a subgroup in the MMI
> working group, but I would like to hear all opinions.

I would prefer to continue as a separate group, mainly because of the
specific (both theoretical and related to the particular use cases of
EMOXG) requirements of the 'emotion' part of EMOXG. If we can work out a
scheme where we continue as a separate group, with 2-3 members
participating also in the MMI WG to transfer knowledge and experience
back and forth, it would be ideal. Otherwise, a sub-group is fine.

> In particular, I would be interested to hear who intends to continue
> working in the group after the end of the Incubator phase.

Count me in for sure. I will also try to find someone from the group to
help with a possible testbed implementation or trans-code our
recognition results to the new spec.

> Who will be able to participate to
>  - a joint f2f meeting with the MMI group on the Tuesday 21 October,
>  - a joint f2f meeting with the Voice Browser group on Thursday 23 October?
I will be at ICMI in Crete. Any possibilities for dissemination there?

Best regards,
Kostas