Re: [EMOXG] Writing the final report, and last phone meetings

Hi Marc (and all),

you seem to have come a good leap forward in Cannes,
congratulations! All reads good although I have a comment on the
roles/links part (comes in a separate email).

I could / would like to take care of:

5.1.2 - writing an example for automatic recognition of emotions.

This would include some multimodality stuff, not sure if I go for
traces, though.

I could also contribute to 2.3.2 - The modality element
if Enrico can't do it.

Obviously I'll also read the whole document and comment.
I should be able to attend both phone meetings.

Christian

--
Marc Schroeder schrieb:

> Dear group members,
>
> I have uploaded a first skeleton of our final report at [1]. The report
> is member-confidential at the moment, because of its preliminary nature.
> Group members should have no problem accessing this with their W3C
> password. Apologies to the observers on this list, we will make the
> document publicly readable when it starts looking complete, probably
> around 13 November.
>
> The report is in the format prescribed by W3C. The current draft
> includes an extensive section structure, and a few more-or-less complete
> spec sections. (I have shamelessly borroughed formatting code from the
> EMMA and PLS specifications, I hope that is OK).
>
> You will see that I have done the leap from our requirements ("Core 1",
> "Meta 2", etc.) to element names (<emotion>, <modality>, etc.). I see no
> reason not to do it, given that we have suggestions for all elements
> envisaged at the moment, and it makes the work look more "concrete". The
> mindset should be, I think, "on the way to a First Public Working
> Draft", i.e. within a small number of months in the MMI group, we should
> be able to develop this document into such a FPWD.
>
> The table of contents looks long, and indeed it is long; however, I
> think it is totally acceptable if we leave some of the sections
> incomplete, with just short statements of the kinds of content that will
> ultimately go there. Sections we SHOULD complete are 1. Introduction and
> 2. Elements of an Emotion Markup. All other sections can be completed to
> the extent that time permits, I think.
>
> Comments on the document structure are very welcome; they should be
> accompanied with the willingness to help fix the problem! :-)
>
> AUTHORS NEEDED
> --------------
>
> Now, I need the help of group members, who are willing to write
> high-quality contributions to this document. In some sections, I have
> written down ideas for who I think COULD write / contribute to that
> section, based on recent activities in the spec-proposal write-up and
> participation in the face-to-face meeting. These and other active group
> members are explicitly invited to come forward and make suggestions for
> writing contributions. You will be expected to:
>
> * commit yourself to a list of sections by Wednesday 5 Nov;
> * participate in the phone meeting on Thursday 6 Nov (see below);
> * provide a *publication-quality* XHTML contribution in the format used
> in the draft document, by Wednesday 12 Nov;
> * participate in the phone meeting on Thursday 13 Nov (see below);
> * help cross-read and homogenise until 20 Nov, the publication date.
>
> This leaves only 10 days for individual contributions. However, for
> writing spec sections, you can re-use the tables and templates I have
> put in existing example sections, so you should be fine.
>
> IMPORTANT: In writing a section, try to reflect the overall state of the
> discussion, as reflected in:

> [...]

Christian Peter
Fraunhofer Institute for Computer Graphics Rostock
Usability and Assistive Technologies
Joachim-Jungius-Str. 11, 18059 Rostock, Germany
Phone: +49 381 4024-122, Fax: +49 381 4024-199
email: christian.peter@igd-r.fraunhofer.de
Problems with the electronic signature? Please load the current root
certificate of the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft into your browser!
(http://pki.fraunhofer.de/EN/)