Re: [humanitarian-ict] A poll on Disaster Management Systems

Chamindra,

for disaster logistics / warehousing you may want to consider SUMA (kind
of outdated but still used) and LSS. Here are the links:
http://www.disaster-info.net/SUMA/english/index.htm  and www.lssweb.int.
Are you just interested in no-cost-solutions?

-- Frank

Chamindra de Silva wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am still looking for more applicable system for the evaluation. Let
> me know what you think of the following list. Are they popular?
> relevant? Have I missed a significant item:
>
>     * UN Reliefweb
>     * CrowdSourcing Crisis Information System
>     * UN OCHA Who is Doing What Where
>     * Risepak
>     * Sahana
>     * DMIS Disaster Management Information System
>     * Federal Emergency Management Information System
>     * UN Virtual OSOCC
>
> Already looked at the OCHA 3W and the new version looks good.
>
> I am just classifying all of them under this meta-data for now:
>
> Summary
> Type / Scope / Phase
> Standards Implemented
> Key Features
> Significant Deployments
> Links
>
> Not making any deep assessments for the first iteration. Again send me
> any system I may have missed please
>
> thanks,
>
> Chamindra
>
> On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 10:04 AM, Chamindra de Silva
> <chamindra@opensource.lk> wrote:
>
>> Hi Olivier,
>>
>> 2009/1/12 Olivier Sarrat <osarrat@urd.org>:
>>
>>> I should meet them to know more about this, but the meeting is always
>>> postponed due to more urgent matters... Maybe I could send you a report to
>>> you Chamindra, after I managed to meet them (possibly in february).
>>>

>> Yes please do and I would appreciate if everyone can share
>> systems/portals/products that you are aware of for disaster and
>> emergency management. If adding it directly to the WIKI is a hassle,
>> appreciate if you can just share a link (and if possible with some of
>> the meta data identified in the template).
>>
>> thanks,
>>
>> chamindra de silva
>> http://chamindra.googlepages.com

Dr. Frank Fiedrich, Ph.D.
Assistant Prof. of Engineering Management and Systems Engineering
Institute for Crisis, Disaster, and Risk Management
The George Washington University
1776 G Street, NW, Suite 101
Washington, DC 20052
Phone: +1 (202) 994 2379