Some info on the Universal Core (UCORE Version 2.0)

Renato et al,

I have contacts on this effort at Mitre.  For example, Glenda Hayes,
who presented at a Workshop I helped organize and  argues that UCORE
taxonomy can standardize "where, when and what" we will get 85%  of
what is needed for data interoperability.  I'm using the Where part of
it to help with my re-write of that section of our Framework document.

The Universal Core Data Schema (UCORE)  is encoded in a DoD metadata
standard (DDMS) and the current Version 2.0 is, I believe, still in
Beta or maybe just out of Beta.

They are developing Ucorei, in part,  to support the DoD MD registry
(and related SOA servcie registries)  to help people find  where, when
and what needed for exchange.

(See GWG Metadata Focus Group (GWG MFG)
http://www.gwg.nga.mil/ and sites that are currently down for maintenance:

https://metadata.dod.mil/mdr/documents.htm?expand=documents and