Re: person location

Mandana, I like the changes, thanks a lot

we may still need to do a bit more refinement as we figure things out

would geocode correspond to what carl is describing as position, if so,
should we call it position and place it close to
location (posiiton being a subset of location)

a few other things may require a verbal explanation so that we can
understand better what we mean

as soon as we are ready, we can start attaching definitions to the words
used therein, therefore producing our first
vocabulary for this exercise, I think

In fact, as we come up with standard definitions (such as the ones provided
by karl) would it be a good idea to stickem
on the wiki?
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/eiif/wiki/Controlled_Vocabulary_Page

I opened a page which is still a bit rough, Carl do you have a link (source)
for the definitons that you provided so that we can document the process?

:-)

Craig

>  So I think a deeper examination of how movement and contact between moving
> persons or goods is handled is required, with "details" and "status" needing
> depth.

what you say here, and below, is possibly true. i think 'semas, ntic
precision' is important, and we should strive for it
The challenge is to maintain precision without becoming too narrow in our
representation

So for details, status, location before/during/after, we hopefully will find
the appropriate level of granularity fo these definitions as we apply the
model - our model can even be used as an guiding principle, so I can
envisage an implementation would hav e higher granularity (different types
of location), but I would be satisfied if we came up
with a schema that has 'location' in it, then anyone can specify the
location in more or less detial as they require

--
Paola Di Maio
School of IT