Re: person location vs position and timestamp

I will provide the ISO definition of position and location tomorrow. Am
awaiting response from OGC members on this topic.

In the meantime, the Internet Engineering Task Force GeoPriv Working Group
(of which I am a member) has been working for about 5 years internet
standards related to leveraging location, privacy, IPv6, and the location
enabled mobile world. Many of the approved RFCs are also going to be
mandatory standards for the US Next Generation 9-1-1 system. In terms of
location viz position:

Geographical location information describes a physical position in
   the world that may correspond to the past, present, or future
   location of a person, event, or device.

This is a very similar definition as to what is used in the OGC and ISO but
as I said I am double checking. Further, they have also done considerable
work in the area of "timestamping" as has the OGC.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-geopriv-loc-filters-02.txt
for example. The actual location object (geodetic) is encoded as GML.

More to follow

Oh, http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/geopriv-charter.html for GeoPriv
charter

Regards