Re: Core Use Cases - v1.0

From: dave penkler <dpenkler@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 10:10:03 +0200
To: Alistair MacDonald <al@bocoup.com>, public-xg-audio@w3.org
Hi Al,
I was wondering whether we could consider adding a use case for voice
telephony in the "Interactive Audio" category. The idea would be to be able
to support a Voice over IP client directly in the browser without the need
for a plug-in. I would consider that the signaling part (use of SIP, XMPP
etc) is out of scope. In order to handle echo suppression we would possibly
need to add a requirement for a combined input-output node to ensure that
the time delay between input and output streams is not affected by
non-realtime scheduling in the JS runtime.
Thanks,
-Dave