Re: Charter, Call for Co-Chairs

Hi, David-

Penkler, David wrote (on 12/14/10 12:54 PM):

> Doug Schepers wrote:
>> If anyone has improved wording for the charter here, or can share
>> the rationale with me (onlist or offlist), that would help me in
>> finalizing the draft charter.
>
> Here is a proposal for the text:
>
> "The audio API is intended to operate on local and remote sources
> including synthesis, files and sound capture sources. API's for
> implementing interactive audio streaming directly between users is
> not in scope. This group will coordinate with the other groups
> working in this area, such as the proposed Web Real-Time
> Communications WG, to discuss the interactive streaming use case and
> its interaction with the Audio WG API's."

Thanks, I've integrated that into the charter.

I think the charter is close to finished; if anyone has other
suggestions, please let me know as soon as possible.

I hope to put forward the Audio WG charter to the W3C management next
week, and to put it before the Advisory Committee for formal review the
first week in January (we avoid doing such things over the holidays);
that would put us on track to launch the Audio WG in early February.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, WebApps, and Web Events WGs