RE: Music Notation on the Web

From: Tom White \(MMA\) <lists@midi.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 09:45:36 -0800
To: <public-xg-audio@w3.org>
Roger,

I'm sorry - I didn't really mean that all I care about is pitch and rhythms.
Music notation carries a ton of other stuff too.  However, it's not clear to
me that subtleties like the exact positioning of a crescendo wedge are
necessary.  I agree that there is meaning in that positioning, but my
instinct is that's going "too far" for a Web display technique.

Maybe it would help if we got specific about what you are interested in and
what not. Obviously you are interested in all of the performance
instructions (note values and pitches, key, tempo and volume markings,
etc.).... is it only the position (placement on the page) of the
instructions that you do not care about?

Descriptions of problems you had with specific products may not be the best
way to describe your concerns... I think that may tend to lead people think
your concern is limited to some specific implementation. Or is that actually
the case?

Tom White