Re: Making Web Audio APIs More Competitive with native

On 12/9/2010 2:12 PM, Chris Rogers wrote:
> I don't expect that a JavaScript developer is going to play with my API for
> a couple of weeks and come back with Digital Audio Workstation software to
> rival something like Apple's Logic Audio

Indeed, but if we set off down the path that would lead to such things in,
say 5 years, with interesting DAWs of lesser capability emerging along the
way, that would be really wonderful.  I'm actually curious what will prove
to be implementable in Javascript over time from a performance point of
view.  E.g. it's very cool that Javascript is doing FFts with plausible
performance today, but it will be interesting to see when it can do 20 in
parallel on a many core chip.  Still, this all looks very, very promising.
  Thanks!

Noah